long beach, California
#16New Post! Jan 01, 2009 @ 09:13:52
You are loved !
sunandsurf13 On June 29, 2009

Deleted

Sydney, Australia
#17New Post! Jan 01, 2009 @ 09:23:26
@hazuki0chan Said

i've been wondering that for a while now. i just found out that my "best friend" hates my guts and all this time she's been pretending to love our friendship. my mom just told me that i'm adopted. all in one day, these two situations happened today. i'm so confused now, depressed and disoriented. from now on, everybody lies

That's really rough, the news you got, all together. You must feel very confused and angry.
Your 'best friend' must be very angry and hurt to say what she said. Why does she hate your friendship at the moment? Is she jealous of you/feeling depressed/feeling ignored by you?
I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of that. I can assure you, she wasn't pretending to be your friend. If she didn't care about your friendship, she wouldn't have bothered with the hurtful showdown.

My main concern though, is how you feel about knowing you were adopted. This must have come as huge shock. You have a lot of thinking to do and decisions to make - but never doubt how much your parents love you. As tough is it was for you to hear, I can promise you, it was tougher for them to tell you. They probably suspect at some stage, you will want to try to find your natural parents/mother. They've given you the opportunity to do that if you want to. They gave you a home and love, and now, they're giving you a choice: they must know you well, and have concluded now was the right time to tell you.

Nonetheless, right now, it probably feels like your entire world has been turned upside-down. Take care of yourself, and stay close to the people you trust - that's your family right now, hopefully. You may also want to consider counselling about how this adoption revelation will impact on your life. Please, keep us posted, even if it just to tell us how pissed off you are. There are great people here who will offer support.

sun & surf13
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs