Work over your leave period. Would you?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#16New Post! Mar 08, 2010 @ 19:32:54
Right Salinaa! People sure go to great lengths to make themselves feel and appear to be indispensable. And there is nothing wrong with confidence! Of course, any of us as supervisors would go to great length to make our employees feel indispensable. And work etchics being what they are, no one else bothers to do WHAT we do and how we do it. No wonder some may feel like WORK can't/won't run smoothly without them. Then add to that, the fact that many work places deliberately make sure there is some work waiting for an absent worker when they return, so they feel 'easy' about returning. This relieves the absent worker and lets them know they are still needed and haven't been replaced, and no one has stepped into their shoes, or their areas of responsibility. At least this type of stuff went on in my work days -- nowadays it may be a whole new ballgame, though.
40isnotsobad On December 07, 2010

Houston, Texas
#17New Post! Mar 08, 2010 @ 19:41:23
I would not go into work if I was on vacation...no way! I do not live to work...I work to live!
salinaa On May 11, 2010

Surrey, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Mar 09, 2010 @ 15:33:58
I see what your saying Dulu and in my experience having time off work does not mean that there will be nothing to do upon my return! If anything I will be snowed under for the first few days trying to catch up with things if not longer its madness! But i still enjoy and need my time out in order to
perform well at my job!

Your lucky if you are not working right now! Everything is utter madness!
Mellijelli On May 06, 2010

Welkom, South Africa
#19New Post! Apr 08, 2010 @ 12:21:22
Oh hellll no, iv a stressful job its go go go all day long, i pray for days off and my 2 weeks in December, i even have to work public holidays and every second weekend, at least i have every second Monday off its a small blessing for sure. I have on occasion been asked to cover for someone on my weekend off but just for a few hours that's all, but that hardly happens
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs