Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#61New Post! Nov 30, 2012 @ 12:56:52
Fiscal Cliff: Why Congress Might Have to Mess with the 401(k)

Naw, it won't happen, they'll never do that--without softening the blow first, over time through the leftist (Time) media.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#62New Post! Nov 30, 2012 @ 13:00:27
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Naw, it won't happen, they'll never do that--without softening the blow first, over time through the leftist (Time) media.

Taxing a 401ks = eliminating 401ks?
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#63New Post! Nov 30, 2012 @ 13:44:16
@ThePainefulTruth Said

I reallllllllllllllllllllly doubt that will happen. The article is written in a way to scare you in my opinion. We already have taxable retirements accounts in the form of ROTH 401ks and IRA. It makes no sense to eliminate traditional 401ks.

And I don't know what the 100 million in tax breaks is referring to. Weather it means the adjustment to our taxable income, or the actual credit like the saver's credit.

It's a poorly written article with not much fact and whole lot of assumptions.

Not to mention, if they wanted to touch our retirement accounts, it's much easier to adjust the phaseout limits as opposed to suddenly imposing a tax on our 401k (however that might happen - I'm not even sure how they would do that other than not let us deduct it our tax return, but that would cause many employers a lot of money, because now they have to separate after tax money and pre-tax money which will causes a lot of administration fees and problems, and really that's only one of the things out of a hundred I can list as to why this article is written to scare you rather than inform.
Alkaia On February 05, 2013

Deleted
Banned

naples, Florida
#64New Post! Dec 01, 2012 @ 11:40:42
@boobagins Said

I reallllllllllllllllllllly doubt that will happen. The article is written in a way to scare you in my opinion. We already have taxable retirements accounts in the form of ROTH 401ks and IRA. It makes no sense to eliminate traditional 401ks.

And I don't know what the 100 million in tax breaks is referring to. Weather it means the adjustment to our taxable income, or the actual credit like the saver's credit.

It's a poorly written article with not much fact and whole lot of assumptions.

Not to mention, if they wanted to touch our retirement accounts, it's much easier to adjust the phaseout limits as opposed to suddenly imposing a tax on our 401k (however that might happen - I'm not even sure how they would do that other than not let us deduct it our tax return, but that would cause many employers a lot of money, because now they have to separate after tax money and pre-tax money which will causes a lot of administration fees and problems, and really that's only one of the things out of a hundred I can list as to why this article is written to scare you rather than inform.

I think i posted another artile on here that they are thinking of eliminating the tax deduction portion. If they did that alone it would wipe out billions from 401ks as a whole. ie: thats billions the gov would save/make.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#65New Post! Dec 02, 2012 @ 16:36:23
@Alkaia Said

I think i posted another artile on here that they are thinking of eliminating the tax deduction portion. If they did that alone it would wipe out billions from 401ks as a whole. ie: thats billions the gov would save/make.

I think we posted showing that to be unreal and not about to happen!
Alkaia On February 05, 2013

Deleted
Banned

naples, Florida
#66New Post! Dec 02, 2012 @ 17:50:52
@shinobinoz Said

I think we posted showing that to be unreal and not about to happen!

No i dont think you did. I do think that painfultruth posted a related article that said otherwise.

you seem to be living in a world where apparently you think none of your sacred cows are going to be touched LOL

I know, were just going to keep printing money, hand it out to bums as well like mr matrix doodle wants, and the price of bread will be fixed as none of it really has any value anyway.

401ks are going to be effected even if they dont go after them directly. They already have been since the bottom fell out.

401ks are directly related to the stock market/wall street.

its going to be a interesting new year
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#67New Post! Dec 02, 2012 @ 18:30:01
@Alkaia Said

No i dont think you did. I do think that painfultruth posted a related article that said otherwise.

you seem to be living in a world where apparently you think none of your sacred cows are going to be touched LOL

I know, were just going to keep printing money, hand it out to bums as well like mr matrix doodle wants, and the price of bread will be fixed as none of it really has any value anyway.

401ks are going to be effected even if they dont go after them directly. They already have been since the bottom fell out.

401ks are directly related to the stock market/wall street.

its going to be a interesting new year

So indirectly you are admitting what you said was false!
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#68New Post! Dec 02, 2012 @ 18:57:21
@Alkaia Said

Well zealot, if no one stops them then they will indeed just continue to make money out of nothing.

..and since they are "making money out of nothing" why not also give it to the bums, etc!? Why should only the rich central bankers and their cronies get the new fiat money!?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs